After eighty years of decline, the population of Finmere began to grow again after the Second World War. Many houses were in a poor state of repair before the war and, on 2 April 1935, the Parish Meeting proposed to write to the Rural District Council (RDC) to request new houses. Nothing resulted and the matter was again raised at the 1936 and 1937 meetings. In 1938, the Meeting was informed that RDC awaited the decision of the Ministry of Health. Finally, in 1939, the Meeting was informed that two houses were ready for occupation; these became Nos. 1 and 2 White Houses (below). A second pair of house (Nos. 3 and 4) were built in 1945. Nos. 5 to 8 White Houses were built in 1947.