Chinnalls Close

Chinalls Close, built in 1973, is named after the field on which the houses were built. The field was named after its early owners, the Chennell family (also spelt Chenels, Cheynell, Channel), which is mentioned in parish records from 1663 to 1776. It is unusual in having its garages ungainly placed on the road in front of the houses.