Blencowe Deed: 1877
The picture is scanned from an annotated, scrappy photocopy taken in 1976.
- The blue text to the bottom right says "Examined with original. Ray Vials. Solicitor. Northampton. 10/12/76"
- At the top, the 1976 solicitors note that this is a "plan from conveyance dated 28th December 1877"
- The land outlined in red is the subject of the conveyance. It is now Kings Cote.
- The plot to the right of the conveyed plot with the faint X is annotated to the left as sold to Seymour Ashwell. This annotation appears to be earlier than the 1976 comments. It is now Furthering Hobbs.
- The 1877 map also notes land owned by "Mr William Lepper" and "The Representatives of the Late Mr Henry Painter".
- The photocopy has little text remaining; it is torn away just outside the area of photocopy shown. One name is discernable in the text of the conveyance: William Blencowe.